Dates are an old fruit cultivating since 6000 BC. It is the sweetest fruits and comes in many varieties. This fruit can be eaten fresh, but often people like eating it a dry form which resembles in palms or raisins. But eat it fresh or dry the nutrition you get from the fruit, the health benefits will remain the same. Dates are grown on palm trees, consider it as a family of Arecaceae. These trees were originally found in the banks of Nile land and Euphrates in Egypt. But these trees are now grown extensively in all warm areas and countries. Especially in gulf countries. The article is rich just like this fruit, you will get to know deep facts and benefits this fruit.
Dates Health benefits:-
Dates have millions of health benefits this article won’t be enough to describe them all but we will try. They full of iron and fluorine. They are rich in minerals and vitamins, consuming two or three dates daily on regularly basis can lower down your cholesterol level and keep you away from disorders. Have a look on a few of its benefits.
- They are rich in minerals and vitamins and very low in fat. It has low cholesterol.
- They are best for high blood pressure patients, they normalize the BP if you eat dates regularly.
- They are good for your digestive system, it contains fiber, which is soluble and insoluble along with amino acids of a different kind.
- They are energy boosters because they contain natural sugar, glucose, fructose and what not. If you have a low blood pressure you can eat two or three dates to feel better. For better energy intake add it in a glass of milk. Dates are a soluble and low calorie.
- Recommended for health conscious people as it has no side effects. But for sugar patients consult your doctor first.
- They are rich in potassium and low in sodium. This helps to keep your immune system active and in order. According to some researchers taking this much amount of potassium can reduce the chances of stroke. This fruit can reduce LDL cholesterol.
- This fruit is best for anemia patients as it has high iron content. People who want more and more advantages should eat it twice a day. The amount of fluorine present in dates prevents in tooth decay.
- Dates are best for people having severe constipation problems. Soak a date or two in water overnight and eat it early morning for best results.
- They help in weight gain and it is beneficial for people having weight gain issues. It is also good for alcoholic intoxication.
- It also cures abdominal cancer. It improves your eyesight and fights against night eye blindness.
- Organic Medjool Dates are full of Potassium, proteins and carbohydrates along with almost no fat.
- This fruit strengthen your bones and fight against diseases like osteoporosis. It contains selenium, copper, which helps in bone development. People who are internally weakening, especially aged people should eat dates it will gradually help them.
- One of the most interesting fact about dates is, they contain organic sulfur and this not commonly found in all foods. It reduces seasonal and allergic reactions.
- Dates are really and have wondered for weak hearts. Soaking dates in water all night and then eating it in the morning have shown significant results for weakening hearts. As mentioned above it lowers down LDL cholesterol and reduces the chances of stroke.
- Dates contain potassium which fights against diarrhea, they also help to alleviate chronic disease. The fiber present in dates helps in digestion, and treat diarrhea.
- According to a study, dates contain anti-inflammatory benefits. It contains a good amount of magnesium. Inflammatory indicators such as CRP and TNF reduces when magnesium intake was increased. Further study showed that by intake of magnesium and reduced level of inflammatory indicators also reduce the risk of heart attack and arthritis and other inflammatory related diseases or problems.
- There has been a lot of research done on dates and researchers says that after study of 1 year and 1 month they found that dates help during pregnancy. If a pregnant woman consumes date fruit 4 weeks before delivery it will reduce the chances of induction and augmentation. A more favorable and non-significant delivery can be predicted.
- Some study shows that dates contain B6, which improves your immune system and enhance your brain’s performance. Your brain can function properly and fast with the help of proper intake of B6.
There are many significant amounts of benefits that we will summarize and state few of them.
- Weight loss
- Enhancing bowel movements
- Relieving constipation
- Reducing heart attack risks
- Reducing LDL cholesterol
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Fulfilling iron deficiency
- Fight against diarrhea
- Preventing strokes
There is no known side effects of it, it is only healthy and full of benefits. The only thing you need to know about having a date that it is less sticky you need to wash it properly before using. Let’s summarize the benefits of dates.